This was my first everything today. I have worked for months to get this silly eCommerce web site up and running. There are over 4,000 products on this site. They are not completely search friendly according to terapeak, but it was making me see double. Have you ever tried to link that many products in a store, think about meta tags, seo, google bots, fagenfinders, and a million other things? You also have to price check those items and make them search right to compete with the big dogs.
Well I was thinking that I have a lot more life left than to stress over the perfection of that damn site.
Next, I did what usually comes natural to me at that point. I took it out on my Pearl Session Customs. Our band is playing tomorrow night and we hardly ever practice as a band. We manage to stay very accurate without it. We did play over 105 shows last year all over the midwest. We also managed to record our first full length album in the studio. 13 darn good songs I think. You can pick it up on iTunes if you want. Torque - Hells' Juke Joint for 9.99. I am proud of those songs. Let me know what you think.
Next there was the normal recording studio editing stuff. The MySpace stuff, the facebook, the twitter, the publishing of changes to several web sites and now the beginning of a new day. The Blog.
I am actually enjoying the blog part. A chance to sum up my day and make sure I stay true to my dream of wanting to make a living with music.
I have a lot of bands come through town. We have played with, recorded with etc..
I sure wish they would remember that the only real important part of our job is The Song. Each song is alone a message, a point, a feeling that should drive some sort of emotion.
Not speed, accuracy, power double bass at the speed of sound. One emotion is not anger. Anger is an Action caused by emotion.
If the song does not drive a response of any kind it is not a song at all. One of the most asked questions I get, after 30 some years of playing music is.....When is a song finished? When Dewight do you ever finish a song or know it is finished? You are always working on a part of something in a song.
Answer, When I listen to it.....and don't want to change a thing.. it makes me cry or makes me sing. When the song reminds me why I love music. It is then finished.
Have a great day.
Dewight Traina
Owner of Traina Studios Inc.
a little recording studio in Wichita Kansas.
Come and play your music with me. You will love the result when the songs are finished.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Music Matters at Traina Studios